Still having fun with my 2015 Summer collection from KBShimmer Bath & Body that I won back in May. As you can see my fateful Instagram repost, I entered because the collection is crazy beautiful. In this post I try out an awesome beach-y nail look from One Nail To Rule them All that’s been on my to do list since I saw it last summer. I changed mine up a bit by using a textured nail polish for the “sand”.
This look does have quite a few steps, but none are difficult, I promise! Here they are:
- Paint the entire nail a light blue color for the sky, here I used NYC Skyline Blue. So fitting!
- Next paint the upper 2/3 of your nail a deep ocean blue. I used KB Shimmer’s Home Surf. You can do this freehand like I did, or use tape or a straight line nail vinyl. Try to make the break between colors line up across your nails.
- Grab a thin, long stripping brush and use a slightly darker blue to create a horizon line. This beauty is Vitamin Sea again by KB Shimmer.
- Now it’s time for topcoat. Kind of weird I know, but the rest of the design will be three-dimensional.
- Next for the first layer of the sand create some frothy waves breaking by using a white polish and a tiny piece of ripped off makeup sponge held with some tweezers. Dab it on the upper 1/3 of the nail very lightly (blot it on a piece of paper after the paint for a light touch). Build it up until your happy with the way it looks.
- For the actual sand use the same makeup sponge technique, but this time use a gold or neutral textured polish. Here I used The Statement Piece from L’Oréal Paris. I can’t remember who I got this tip from, but using a sponge for glitters is literately brilliant – it soaks up the top coat or base and the glitter goes on much faster and more evenly.
- For an added touch you can use a black acrylic paint to add two little “birds”. Put a bird on it and done!
I wish summer would never end, but then again it kinda never does in San Diego. Except over the weekend it was actually 105 which is just a BIT too much. Still, summer is the best!
Home Surf Beach Nail Art – Get The Look
For this look I used:
- New York Color – Skyline Blue
- KBShimmer – Home Surf
- JOVANA – Detailed liner brush
- L’Oréal Paris – The Statement Piece (colour riche gold dust)
- Sinful Colors – Snow Me White
- Makeup sponge
- Craft Tweezers
- Bella Acrylic Paint – Black
- New York Color – Classy-Glassy
Some links in this post are associated with affiliate link(s). I only endorse products, services or content that I have used myself and wouldn’t hesitate to use again or recommend to a friend. If you end up purchasing anything I’ve used here on the blog, I hope you’ll enjoy it as much as I do! To learn more click the button.