MEGA POST!! Get ready to ooh and awe over some seriously beautiful polishes that make up the KBShimmer Bath & Body 2015 Summer Collection! KBShimmer is now my favorite indie or independent nail polish brand and they make big 3-free and cruelty free nail polishes and other products. The summer collection for 2015 is a tropical inspired mix of bleached neon creams, crelly glitters, holographic and a few glitter toppers – there are 28 polishes in all!
KBShimmer Summer 2015 Glitter Crelly/Jelly Polishes
In this post I am going to show you swatches and macro photos of all the crelly/jelly glitters. For all of these photos I used no top coat so you can hopefully see the true texture of the nail polish. One good coat of topcoat though and all of these glitters are smooth as glass. I also used a peel-off base coat for ease of removal. All of the macro shots are done in the bottle.
KBShimmer Home Surf – Summer 2015 Collection
First is Home Surf, a light, teal-blue crelly formula polish. This polish is filled with multiple shapes and sizes of holographic, frosted silver glitters such as square, hexagon, and little shimmer pieces. Dries with a light to medium texture.
It’s such a pretty sea-teal-blue filled with silvery glitters and as you layer the polish the glitters get all squishy on top of each other and the blue deepens and darkens with each layer. For these photos I used 3 thin coats for completely opaque coverage, but could have gotten away with 2. This polish applies well for the most part (a bit thicker than the other crelly glitters), had great glitter dispersal and layers very interestingly.
KBShimmer Pink-a Colada – Summer 2015 Collection
Next is my personal favorite of the crelly glitters, Pink-a Colada. This shouldn’t be a surprise given my favorite color is specifically fuschia, if you didn’t know. 😉 This is a pinkish-purple crelly nail polish filled with different shaped and sized holographic glitters in blue, pink, and lime green.
This is the most textured of the four crelly glitters with a light to medium texture, but that’s because it’s packed with the most glitter! A true glitter bomb in a bright pink base – doesn’t that just scream summer? Reminds me of glitter-barbie maybe? Or something fun to try to match your drink to!
For these photos I used 3 thin coats for mostly opaque coverage. If I had done slightly thicker coats it would have been opaque, or one more thin coat, but I liked this look. This polish applies really well, had great glitter dispersal and is very vibrant. My favorite!
KBShimmer Shell Shock – Summer 2015 Collection
The most unassuming of the glitters is Shell Shock, a nude, tan or buff crelly. It’s filled with multiple shapes and sizes of holographic glitters in gold with some pink and copper mixed in. To me this looks like an abstract of the sand off of some exotic beach strewn with colorful shells, rocks, and glistening sea glass.
I have to be honest and say when I first saw this one I wasn’t sure about it. Then I noticed how well it matched my skin tone and I got kinda excited (it matches more in real life). Then I put it it on and I was completely won over! This was the first one of KBShimmer polishes I actually used so I was blown away by the formula, but this one specifically is just so smooth. I’d never had a glitter apply so well! Again there is no top coat used in these pictures.
For these photos I used just two thin coats to get great, even opaque coverage. The glitters disperse really well and evenly. But I think my favorite part is the metallic purple glitters thrown in as a little peek-a-boo surprise!
KBShimmer Vitamin Sea – Summer 2015 Collection
Last is Vitamin Sea, a deep, aqua-blue jelly filled with multiple sized hex glitters and shimmers in pink and silver. Again I used 3 thin coats for almost opaque coverage. This polish applies well and for the most part the larger glitters do pick up. But I’m willing to bet at the end I’ll have a bunch of glitter left to polish ratio. Like Home Surf this polish layers very interestingly.
In this side photo you can see how it’s less opaque than the other polishes, but I kinda like it. With three thicker coats or four thin coats you can get 100% opacity.
KBShimmer Summer 2015 Collection Review – The Glitters
KBShimmer Summer 2015 Collection Quick Review
KBShimmer Summer 2015 Collection “The Glitters” In-Depth Review
- Price – $8.75 available directly from KBShimmer, or at retailers listed below.
- Official Site – KBShimmer Bath & Body
- Description – Four different crelly/jelly formula nail polishes.
- Best Use – Solid polishes, gradients, and nail art.
- Quantity – All polishes are 0.5 fl oz/15 ml
- Packaging – Round, slightly squat glass bottle with a black cap.
- Brush – All polishes have the same “glitter grabbing” flat brush that is slightly longer than a standard brush. I have to be honest at first when I saw the brush I was sure I was going to hate it but it’s actually great and it IS good at picking up glitters, small and large, and it allows for smooth application.
- Ingredients – Big-3 free and vegan. Full ingredients are listed on each individual polish, but basic ingredients include: “Ethyl Acetate, Butyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose, Phthalic Anhydride/Trimellitic Anhydride/Glycols Copolymer, Isopropyl Alcohol, Sucrose Acetate Isobutyrate, Acrylates Copolymer, N-Butyl Alcohol, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Acetyl Tributyl Citrate, Camphor, Citric Acid, Benzophenone-1, Colorants, and Glitter.”
- Cruelty Free – Yes.
- Formula – KBShimmer formulas for this collection are some of the best I have used, if not the best. The consistency is fluid and easy to apply and not a single glitter was sticky or clumpy. The formulas with larger glitters had very good suspension and even glitter distribution making even the large glitters easy to grab. My biggest surprise was that even the chunkiest glitter dried with only a slight texture, like there is a built in top coat in each bottle!
- Opacity – Besides the glitters meant to be top coats, all built to opacity in 3 thin coats or less, most coated in just 2 coats. Each polish is noted by it’s picture.
- Color – All the colors and glitters and beautiful and vibrant. The holographic polishes are out of this world and extremely reflective with a high glam factor.
- Dry Time – These all dry super fast! Dry to tacky in only 10-15 minutes and about 90% dry in 20-30 minutes.
- Durability – I wore these without topcoat and didn’t notice any wear or chipping until the third or fourth day. With a good topcoat I’m sure these would last a week at least. Very chip resistant in my opinion.
- Removal – So easy, especially for all the glitter packed ones. Still will need to soak the heavier glitters off for a minute or two, but it doesn’t take five like other heavy glitter formulas!
- Staining – I did not notice any staining wearing a base coat.
- Ease of Use – Very easy. All the formulas are like butter, easy removal and clean up and great glitter dispersal.
- Recommend It – Yes! I actually can’t wait to get more KBShimmer polishes.
You can get KBShimmer polishes from:
KBShimmer Summer 2015 Collection Colors/Full Line
This collection comes in three parts but I divided into four categories here. The 2015 summer line became available on May 15, 2015, so you can get your favorites now! Polishes range in price from $7.50 to $10.75 at the time of writing.
Summer Bleached Neon Cream Polishes:
- Bahama Drama – “Salmon” (pinkish orange) pastel, or “bleached” neon cream polish.
- For Sail By Owner – A lime green neon pastel cream polish.
- In Yacht Water – Medium aqua cream polish. Only one that doesn’t really read as a neon.
- Leggo My Mango – Creamy tangerine orange, pastel neon cream polish.
- Lei It Again – Bright neon-baby pink cream polish.
- Rum Me the Right Way – Brightest of the bunch of cream polishes, a highlighter neon-yellow with a hint of green.
- Sarong Place, Sarong Time – A pinkish purple leaning toward mauve, faded neon cream polish.
Glitter Crelly/Jelly Polishes:
- Home Surf – Light, teal-blue crelly formula nail polish filled with multiple shapes and sizes of holographic, frosted silver glitters such as square, hexagon, and little shimmer pieces.
- Pink-A Colada – Pinkish-purple crelly nail polish filled with different shaped and sized holographic glitters in blue, pink, and lime green.
- Shell Shock – Nude, tan or buff crelly nail polish filled with multiple shapes and sizes of holographic glitters in gold with some purple and copper mixed in.
- Vitamin Sea – Deep, aqua-blue jelly nail polish filled with multiple sized hex glitters and shimmers in pink and silver.
Holographic Polishes and Glitter Toppers:
- Alloy Matey! – Silver holographic glitter top coat filled with fine and micro silver-rainbow glitter.
- Dust in the Bottle – Holographic glitter top coat filled with rainbow micro glitter.
- Precious Petals – A clear based glitter top coat packed with pink, purple, blue and white hexagon glitters in multiple sizes and a dusting of holographic shimmer throughout.
- Sun & Games – Gold holographic glitter top coat filled with golden-rainbow micro glitter.
- Wave the Flag – A clear based patriotic glitter top coat packed with white stars and red, white, and blue hex glitter in multiple sizes.
- We Be Jammin’ – A deep magenta nail polish with rainbow holographic and blue shimmer glitters.
- What Are You Wading For? – A deep purplish-blue nail polish with linear holographic and blue shimmer glitters.
Metals and Flakies:
- Green Weaver – Metallic flake nail polish filled with pink and green flakies that flashes purple.
- Look on the Nightside – Metallic flake nail polish filled with with green flakies with hints of purple-pink and blue.
- Moody Hues – Metallic flake nail polish packed with purple and blue flakies that flashes copper.
- Pros and Bronze – Metallic flake nail polish packed with gold and bronze flakies that flashes green.
- She’s Beyond Kelp – Metallic flake nail polish packed with emerald green flakies that flashes blue.
- Take the Punny and Run – Metallic flake nail polish packed with green and magenta flakies that flashes copper.
- The Silver Flakies – These come in four different flake sizes from small to large:
- Foiled – Micro silver flake nail polish.
- R-E-F-L-E-C-T – Small silver flake nail polish.
- That’s Ore Like It! – Medium silver flake nail polish.
- Sterling Example – Large silver flake nail polish.
KBShimmer Summer 2015 Collection Nail Art
Here are a few nail art looks with full posts that I created with these polishes.
KBShimmer Summer 2015 Collection Collages/Sharables
Other Blogger’s Reviews of KBShimmer 2015 Summer Collection
- KBShimmer Full Summer 2015 Collection Swatches & Review by Cosmetic Sanctuary
- KBShimmer Full Summer 2015 Collection Partial Swatches & Review by The Mercurial Magpie
- KBShimmer Summer 2015 Collection Swatches & Review Part 1 by The PolishAholic
- KBShimmer Summer 2015 Collection Swatches & Review Part 2 by The PolishAholic
- KBShimmer Summer 2015 Collection Swatches & Review Part 3 by The PolishAholic
Some links in this post are associated with affiliate link(s). I only endorse products, services or content that I have used myself and wouldn’t hesitate to use again or recommend to a friend. If you end up purchasing anything I’ve used here on the blog, I hope you’ll enjoy it as much as I do! To read the full disclosure click the button.