I am really excited to be reviewing these silver diamond shaped studs sent to me from the Born Pretty Store. They have so many awesome studs that it was hard for me to choose! They have all shapes, sizes and colors, and all at really great prices.
Picture credit: Born Pretty Store
Born Pretty Store Silver Diamond Studs Review
- Price – $4.99 at the Born Pretty Store (Price goes down for more bags purchased)
- Quantity – Approximately 60 – I received exactly 71 in my package, extra!
- Packaging – As you can see below, the studs come in a typical plastic bag stapled over with cardboard, BUT the bag is resealable which I liked.
- Best Use – Nail Art and Decoration, Crafts
- Description – Silver aluminum 4 x 8 mm rhombus-diamond shaped studs. “Color” 3#.
- Size – 4 x 8 mm, exactly as advertised.
- Uniformity – All the studs appear to be exactly the same size, no trouble with “nesting”, none of the studs were stuck together.
- Durability – These are scratch resistant. I didn’t put on a top coat and they did’t get scratched at all. I also did a scratch test, and it takes a good amount of pressure to leave a mark. Studs do bend, which I like in a nail stud.
- Special Instructions – Apply with nail glue, base polish, or other glue and seal with clear topcoat if desired.
- Ease of Use – Lays nice and flat anywhere against the nail bed, even mine which are rounded more than average. However, they bend easily so you can shape them around the nail if you want to lay them out horizontally on the nail or just get them perfectly flat.
- Color – Silver, shiny but not overly shiny surface.
- Removal – Very easy, as most nail artists know studs usually fall off before you are done with your manicure if you don’t use a really good glue and seal with at least a couple coats of topcoat.
- Recommend It – Yes!
Before I got these in the mail I was a little worried that they may be too big for my tiny nails since they are the larger size, but they still work. Now I want to get the smaller ones too, they would look great together!
Silver Diamond Studs Magnetic Manicure
I thought it would be fun to celebrate my first sponsored post by finally figuring out how to properly use my magnetic polishes. And what goes better with metal studs than magnetic polish?
If you liked these studs, you can get them here. Use my awesome discount code, BCKW10 to get 10% off your entire order. Shipping is always free and ships within 24 hours, but since it is from Singapore and I am in the US, it did take about 1.5 weeks to get here, which I thought was pretty fast.
If you haven’t checked out the Born Pretty Store, I would recommend it. They have TONS of nail art decorations and supplies at cheap prices. Most items ship one color/size per bag so you will be stocked up on that item for many manicures. This bag of studs reviewed here is going to be enough studs for 5-7 manicures alone! Their order process is easy and you receive immediate email confirmation, plus you can pay via PayPal if you prefer.
Studed Magnetic Manicure – Get The Look
For this look I used:
- Sally Hansen – Polar Purple (magnetic)
- Sally Hansen – Silver Elements (magnetic)
- New York Color – Classy-Glassy (topcoat)
- Born Pretty Store – Silver Rhombus Studs 3#
- Craft glue