I am really in LOVE with Opi Nail Envy. It has done wonders for my nails and I can’t stop using it or talking about it. It is like a coat of teflon for your nails, making them resist all sorts of normal, daily bumps and scrapes. I have had a lot of success with this product, check out my progress report from July with even newer pictures below.
Opi Nail Envy Nail Strengthener Review
This is the perfect basecoat for me, and my favorite that I have used so far. This doesn’t even taking into account the fact that it is also an awesome nail strengthener, ridge filler and surface smoother, plus it has a pretty, shiny finish!
- Price – $12.00+ from Amazon, $19.99 in most beauty supply stores
- Size – 0.5 oz/15 ml
- Packaging – Comes in a cardboard box, pictured above with a standard polish bottle inside with a sleek shape. Not sure if it is just mine, but the lid is really squeaky but it still locks tight and secure.
- Best Use – Nail Treatment and Basecoat
- Description – Nail strengthener or hardener, intended to “provide maximum strengthening with hydrolyzed wheat protein and calcium for harder, stronger, natural nails! Ideal for weak, damaged nails.”
- Formula – Medium consistency that is super easy to work with and spreads out easily and evenly over the nail bed.
- Opacity – Transparent.
- Color – Clear, shiny finish like shown in the picture above. NOT true to bottle. Opi also makes a matte version which I have not tried yet.
- Brush – Just a bit wider and longer than standard, easy to use.
- Dry Time – 5 minutes to none-tacky/15 minutes to dry (one coat)
- Durability – Lasts a long time, just two coats alone will stay on without chipping longer than 7 days. However, if you follow the directions and keep layering it on, you shouldn’t notice any chipping or wear.
- Removal – Very easy. Try DIY Gentle Glycerin Acetone for a gentle remover option.
- Recommend It – Yes, 100%. See my results from July with the most current photos below.
I have been regularly filing my nails down (at least once a week), but they just keep growing! I also attribute my nails being protected from Roller Derby to Nail Envy. The picture from August 15 is just two weeks after a whole week long Roller Derby extravaganza, with over 20 hours of skating and running around Las Vegas!
Opi Nail Envy Product Line
I choose the Original Formula – Maximum Strength, but they have a full product line:
- Original – “Maximum strength formula with Hydrolyzed Protein and Calcium helps nails grow harder, longer and stronger and resist peeling, cracking and splitting.”
- Matte – “Same strengthening benefits as Original Nail Envy but with a natural looking matte finish.”
- Dry and Brittle Nails – “Moisturizing formula helps maintain flexibility and protects with antioxidant vitamins E and C.”
- Sensitive and Peeling Nails – “Formaldehyde-free formula protects against peeling with antioxidant Vitamin E and Kukui Nut Oil, soothes sensitive nails with Aloe Vera.”
- Soft and Thin Nails – “Strengthening formula fortifies soft, thin nails with extra Calcium.”
- Maintenance – “Maintenance Formula Nail Envy contains just the right balance of strengthening and protective ingredients to keep nails in great condition.”
Opi Nail Envy Directions
- Remove any existing nail polish and make sure your nail bed is clean.
- Push back cuticles.
- Apply two thin coats, avoiding skin and cuticles.
- Remove any polish that gets on your skin with a q-tip soaked in acetone or DIY Glycerine-Acetone.
- Follow up with one thin coat every other day for one week.
- After seven days, remove all the layers of Opi Nail Envy and start the process over again.
More Reviews for Opi Nail Envy
- NailTek vs. Opi Nail Envy by MissChievous
- Opi Nail Envy Review by CraftyNail
- Opi Nail Envy Matte Review by Fashiony Nails
- My Nail Care Favourites by The Nailasaurus