I didn’t expect these simple black and white nails to stand out and POP so much. But these really do and I ended up loving this a lot more than I imagined it in my head.
First I painted my three nails white and coated them with Seche Vite and waited for them to dry. Next I used scotch tape and painted the black sections. Last, I used my new Salon Perfect Mod Squad polish called “Spot On”. Using a toothpick I did a quick glitter placement on my accent nail and down the centers of each color split. Kind of looks like an interlocking design in the right light!
I found that for a normal glitter topper, “Spot On” is a pain in the ASS! It looks like it has tons of glitter in the bottle but really it’s mostly clear top coat with scattered glitters. However, it is kinda perfect for glitter placement. I just took out drips or wiped the brush on a piece of paper and picked up the circle glitters with a toothpick. I’ll have a full review of these round glitter toppers “Mod Squad” from Salon Perfect up on the blog soon.
Spot On Black and White Nails – Get The Look
For this look I used:
- Salon Perfect – Spot On (mod squad)
- Sinful Colors – Snow Me White
- Sinful Colors – Black on Black
- Scotch tape – For taping the black sections
- Elmer’s – Craft Glue (for easy removal of glitter accent nail)
- Toothpick – For glitter placement
- Seche Vite – Dry Fast Top Coat