This weeks glitter of the day is a grey and orange mixture that is perfect for fall, Sinful Colors Black Magic. I knew as soon as I saw this on the shelves that I just HAD to have it, and now that I’ve used it I know I was right. This glitter is jam packed with tiny grey sparkled and small metallic-orange hex glitters that looks great over a bunch of colors or just on its own since it becomes opaque with just three coats. This design was inspired by Heather from @polishofpassion and Judy from @judyrox on Instagram.
Here is one medium-thin coat of Black Magic over a few different base colors. I wore this skittle manicure for about 4 days before taking this photograph, so you can see that this polish wears really well since I am hard on my hands. Which color do you think it looks best over?
Sinful Colors Black Magic Nail Polish Review
- Price – $1.98 at mass drug stores.
- Official Site – Sinful Colors.
- Description – A glitter topper with a clear base packed glitter. Low texture polish that becomes opaque in three coats.
- Best Use – Glitter topper, solid polish, gradients, and nail art.
- Size – 0.5 oz/15 ml.
- Packaging – Classic Sinful Colors shaped glass bottle with a black cap.
- Brush – Standard sized black brush.
- Ingredients – 5-Free, see full list on Walgreens.
- Cruelty Free – No! DO test on animals.
- Formula – Has a medium and even consistency. More glitter is packed into this bottle than your average glitter topper so you don’t have to hunt around at all.
- Opacity – Slightly transparent with one coat to completely opaque in three coats.
- Color – Clear base with tiny metallic-grey glitters mixed with small metallic-orange hex glitters for an overall copper effect. Looks just like it does in the bottle, glitters come out easily and evenly. This polish looks good over a bunch of colors including white, orange, grey and black although I personally like it over black best.
- Dry Time – About 5 minutes to tacky dry, and 10 minutes to completely dry.
- Durability – Very good, works like a moderate topcoat for extended wear but with an additional, proper topcoat this glitter will last at least a week, maybe even two.
- Removal – Like any jam packed glitter, serious pain in the ass unless you use one of these easy glitter removal tricks. This glitter took a 3-minute soak for removal per finger.
- Staining – None that I noticed.
- Ease of Use – Actually probably the easiest to use glitter topper in my collection!
- Recommend It – Love it. If I ever see it again I will grab up a second bottle, and maybe even a third, for the stockpile. I ended up liking it much more on than I did in the bottle, SO PRETTY!!
Other Blogger’s Reviews
- Sinful Colors – Black Magic by Night Swatcher
- Random Swatch Spam by Oh Three Oh Four
- Sinful Colors Black Magic Swatches by Lacq Lustre
- Spotted: Sinful Colors Halloween 2013 Display by Nouveau Cheap
Sinful Colors Black Magic Tape Mani – Get The Look
For this look I used:
- NYX – Dark Gray
- Sinful Colors – Black on Black
- Sinful Colors – Black Magic
- Sinful Colors – Snow Me White
- Wet n Wild – Sunny Side Up (wild shine)
- Triangle stencil
- Blue painters tape and scissors
- Bundle Monster – Long striper brush