I just loved this “Eye of Sauron” design from Chalkboard Nails and had to try it out for myself. Here is the first attempt followed by the second, where I tried a smaller eye pupil.
This design took a lot of trial and error to find the right brushes to (somewhat) replicate Chalkboard Nail’s brush strokes with. I ended up using:
- Tiny dotting tool (Bundle Monster)
- Small angled brush (Bundle Monster)
- Short striper (Worldwide Winning Nails #306 Nail Art)
So I tried two different sized eyes on each nail so I thought this was funny!
For this look I used:
- Wet n Wild – The Wonder Yellows
- Liquitex – Acra Crimson (acrylic artist color)
- Golden Acrylics – C.P. Cadmium Yellow Dark (mixed with above to create an orange)
- Golden Acrylics – Raw Umber
- China Glaze – Liquid Leather (black on thumb and pinky)
- Hard Candy – Fireworks (glitter over thumb and pinky)
- Sinful Colors – Snow Me White