With the plethora of nail artists and nail polish related accounts on Instagram you might wonder, “Who is worth following?”. I have trouble with this myself, and I actually follow about 450 artists, indie polish makers, and commercial brands on Instagram at any given time. And the list seems to always be growing – crazy, I know!
Now that I have been using Instagram for a while, I have certain accounts that I really LOVE and I am constantly liking and commenting on their photos. But even then, there are SO many great accounts to follow! In this series of posts I will share my absolute favorite accounts grouped by the type of account so you can find just what you are looking for and feel that special glow of falling in love with some new nail art. Posts in this series will focus on:
- My Top 30 Accounts – Those “WOW” accounts that you want to keep checking every day
- Alternative Nails – Nail art with a little something extra – maybe a little bit edgy, a little bit dark, but always different
- Commercial Polish Brands – Large nail polish makers you can find at your local stores
- Indie Polish Brands – Independent nail polish makers
- Nail Art Hobbyist’s – Nail art enthusiasts who paint because they love nail polish
- Nail Art Technicians – Nail art professionals
- Nail Art Feature Accounts – Instagram accounts that feature other artists and give proper credit
Black Cat Nails on Instagram
If you don’t already, I hope that you follow me on Instagram! I have two accounts – one that supports the blog where I also post about my “nail life” and a second feature account for alternative nails.
My Top Nail Art Hobbyist’s – Intermediate & Medium Accounts
This was by far the most difficult segment of this series – there are so many deserving and talented nail art hobbyist’s doing their thing on Instagram that it’s hard to sort through the great from the good and the just “okay” accounts. Don’t worry – I’ve done all the work for you! About half of the accounts I follow are nail art hobbyist – that’s about 250 accounts I sorted through to bring you my favorite medium sized and intermediate nail artists on Instagram. Enjoy!
Whew – I hope your eye holes are happy! Know of any great artists that I didn’t include here that everyone should know about? Let me know in the comments below! Want more nail art? Check out some of the best blogs on the Internet.