I have always had a lot of trouble with stamping and usually just end up messy and frustrated in the end. I can’t seem to get the whole image to transfer (either to the stamper, or from the stamper to my nail) and it’s rarely opaque so I have to fill it in with a paint brush. But with these Born Pretty Store stamping plates and stamper I had no trouble at all! I have now fallen in love with stamping and can’t get enough.
For this rose themed look I used a new stamping plate called “Black Cat & Rose Theme” from the Born Pretty Store. First I painted three of my nails black, and my ring finger with an awesome Wet n Wild glitter called “New Years Kiss”. It’s a pretty silver glitter with little blue metallic bar glitters interspersed.
Next using the stamping plate I transferred the individual rose onto my ring finger using the black nail polish. Then I used the middle rose pattern from the plate and a silver polish to match my accent finger. Last I topped everything with my topcoat to seal it.
The images transferred really easily off of the plate and the stamper is just the right amount of squishiness to it. Using the Born Pretty Store stamper I was able to get all of my old stamping plates to “work” that had been testing my sanity in the past. It’s like magic!
Born Pretty Store Rose Theme Stamp Plate Review
- Price – $1.99 at the Born Pretty Store
- Quantity – 1 image stamping plate.
- Packaging – Comes with a thin, transparent blue protective film on top. Peel off before use.
- Best Use – Nail Art Stamping.
- Description – Black cat and rose themed nail art stamping plate. Images include a leaping cat, parisian cat, lantern, rose, oval frame, decorative flourish and three pattern images – stars, swirls and stars, and roses.
- Size – Round stamping plate that is 5.5 cm in diameter (typical size for these type of plates).
- Uniformity – Image is well etched and all images are very clear and have clean edges.
- Durability – Very durable, I can imagine having all my plates the rest of my life, ha!
- Special Instructions – They have a list of instructions on their website, or you can use my personal version provided below.
- Ease of Use – So easy to use, the image transfers very easily and came out whole about 99% of the time.
- Color – Like most image plates this is a silver, metal disk.
- Cleaning – Easy to clean with a cotton soaked in nail polish remover.
- Recommend It – Yes, these plates are a great value and they have so many cute ones!
Stamping Plate Image Transfer Instructions
- Apply a basecoat and base color and allow to dry completely. If you want to speed things along use a quick drying topcoat, such as Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat, and you can stamp in about 30 minutes.
- Apply a different, contrasting color of nail polish onto one side of the image you want to transfer. I suggest using a nail polish that is opaque or mostly opaque in just one coat.
- Position a scraper, credit card, or thicker cardboard at about a 45 degree angle from the stamping plate and quickly scrap the excess nail polish across and off of the image you want to transfer.
- Quickly take the stamper and press it straight down onto the image plate to transfer the paint onto the stamper.
- Depending on the squishiness of your stamper either stamp straight down onto your nail, or roll the stamper from one side to the other, to transfer the image onto your nail.
- Using a dry fan brush gently brush off any loose and dry nail polish.
- Seal with a topcoat.
- Using a clean up brush remove excess nail polish from around nail bed, or you can use a peel off basecoat product or white glue before starting and peel it off when done.
Black & Silver Rose Theme – Get The Look
For this look I used:
- Sinful Colors – Black on Black
- Wet n Wild – New Years Kiss (Fergie)
- Orly – Dazzle
- Born Pretty Store – Rose Theme Nail Art Stamp Image Plate (bp03)
- Born Pretty Store – Stamping Stamper with Scraper (also only $1.99)
- Bundle Monster – Fan Brush
- Seche Vite – Dry Fast Top Coat
You can get this beautiful image plate for just $1.99 from the Born Pretty Store. Use my awesome discount code BCKW10 to get 10% off your entire order. Shipping is always free and orders ship within 24 hours. If you haven’t checked out the Born Pretty Store, I would recommend it. They have TONS of nail art decorations and supplies at very reasonable prices.