A little while back I heard about the company Influenster – they have created a centralized place where you can discover, review, and share all your favorite products. I was really intrigued by the idea then I heard they send out snack in their boxes and I was in! 😉 Anyone can sign up, leave reviews, or research a product before you go out and buy it.
Shortly after signing up I got selected to receive the Summer Sunshine VoxBox and I am STOKED! Because Influenster asks you specific and tailored questions, everything I received in this box is something I probably would have ended up trying anyway, or new products that I was excited to give a try. Of course there was also a bottle of Sinful Colors polish – I felt like the box was tailored just for me!
Read on for a full review of the polish I received, Sheer Genius by Sinful Colors. If you’re interested, I have also included short reviews of the other products I received in my Sunshine VoxBox, including snacks, beauty products and even a hair serum.
Sinful Colors Sheer Genius Nail Polish Review
Sheer Genius Quick Overview
Sheer Genius In-Depth Review
- Price – $1.99 at mass drug stores
- Official Site – Sinful Colors
- Description – A sheer shimmer polish.
- Best Use – As a subtle nail polish color or a topper if you carefully apply one thin coat.
- Size – 0.5 oz/15 ml.
- Packaging – Classic Sinful Colors shaped glass bottle with a black cap.
- Brush – Standard sized black brush.
- Ingredients – 4-Free, ingredients listed on each bottle.
- Cruelty Free – No. Owned by Revlon and they DO test on animals.
- Formula – This polish has a medium consistency and is a little bit sticky, like most jelly-ish formulas tend to be. Comes out smooth as long as you shake often and don’t work too slowly and use thin coats.
- Opacity – Not opaque, but you could probably build it after 5 or so coats, lol! Looks great with the naked nail poking through and on top of other colors as a topper.
- Color – A sheer purple/pink shimmer polish with tiny purple/pink specks of glitter throughout.
- Dry Time – Dries very fast – to tacky in under 5 minutes and seemed to be mostly dry in 15.
- Durability – I only wore this polish for 3 days but I didn’t see any chips or tip wear, and I didn’t use a top coat. I don’t think I would have gotten more than 1-2 more days before I saw wear, but with a topcoat this could easily last for up to 7 days, or more.
- Removal/Cleaning – Took about 20 seconds per nail to remove, very fast for a glitter!
- Staining – None that I noticed. Does leave a “glitter residue” but it easily washes off after a shower or good hand washing.
- Ease of Use – These polishes tend to be a little bit sticky, but if you shake them up really well before each round of polishing, and don’t work too slowly, you won’t have any issues.
- Recommend It – Grade: B – Only because the formula isn’t great. But for just $1.99 you really can’t go too wrong!
I love this polish despite the formula, and all the other sheers that came out around the same time. In fact, I actually already had this color in my stash along with the other 2 sheers that came out at the same time (more on that coming up soon). I still see them at all kinds of drugstores, Walmart and Target, etc. It’s a very pretty hint of color for summer – like Jellies for your nails! See all the sheers from this collection.
Influenster Sunshine VoxBox Review
I received each of these products, which I received as part of my Sunshine VoxBox from @Influenster for my honest review.
barkTHINS Dark Chocolate Pretzel with Sea Salt
THESE ARE SO GOOD! They are an awesome dessert made with just a few normal, everyday ingredients. They are not necessary healthy (45% fat) – but it’s chocolate and a great treat at the end of the day. They are not as thin as you might think – more like a Hershey’s bar but the chocolate is MUCH better with pieces of pretzel broken up into it and sprinkled with sea salt. I can’t wait to go out and get some more of these and try the other flavors! I was looking for a healthy end-of-day treat and this will be it for now. Visit barkTHINS.
As you can see in the picture above I loved them SO much I even matched my nails! See more pictures of this blue and white textured triangle look.
Sriracha Blue Diamond Almonds
At first I was afraid to try these because they might be too spicy – so I made my roommate the guinea pig and it was hard to get them back! They are NOT spicy, at all, they just have a hint of a kinda-siracha-ish taste to it. They are very good, just not spicy which is why I gave it 4 out of 5 stars (if you state something as bold it should be BOLD!). However I ate them all up really fast and I will for sure buy them again! (if I can find them) Visit Blue Diamond Almonds.
Dickinson’s Original Witch Hazel Daily Refreshingly Clean Cleansing Cloths
These wipes do exactly what they say – tone & refresh, remove ALL your makeup (even waterproof mascara and eye liner as long as you don’t wear a lot) and your skin just feels clean after using them. I have to be honest at first I was hesitant because I am not a fan of the smell of witch hazel, which is the main ingredient. However the smell is not too overpowering and goes away almost immediately. I will probably repurchase them because they really do work, contain all natural ingredients, and did not make me break out (most everything does). These would also be great to carry around in your gym or sports bag for sure! Visit Dickinson’s.
Infusium 23 Moisture Replenisher Leave-in Smoothing Crème enhanced with Avocado and Olive Oil
I wanted to like this product but I just don’t. Now as a given – I have difficult hair. It’s thin, there’s a lot of it, and its really, really frizzy. I was hoping that this product would smooth my hair out and make it manageable, but it just didn’t. I also didn’t notice it making my hair less frizzy at all – however, very few products actually DO make my hair smooth and silky. But this isn’t one of them.
It is lightweight on my hair and made it soft, but it just didn’t deliver on the frizz protection for my particular hair type. I would not repurchase this product for two reasons, 1. It just didn’t work for me, and 2. Some of the main ingredients are alcohol, which I prefer to not put in my hair at all. Visit Infusium 23.
SinfulColors Sheer Genius
I received the color “Sheer Genius”and I love it! I actually already owned this line of sheer polishes from SinfulColors – being the nail polish junkie that I am. The color is a very sheer purple with small sparkly purple glitter pieces in it. It’s a very pretty hint of color for summer – like Jellies for your nails! The color is NOT opaque and it’s not meant to be. Visit SinfulColors.
Vaseline Intensive Care Aloe Soothe Spray Moisturizer
This is a great product, and if you are trying to get into the habit of moisturizing each morning and evening, this is PERFECT! I was trying to get into the habit and I have been using this product each morning for 2 weeks now. It sprays on very lightly then you rub it in and done. Very easy to use. It doesn’t leave any kind of stickiness or weird feeling on the skin – you just feel buttery smooth.
This does have a smell to it that to me smells like cucumbers (not a fan) – or maybe it’s the smell of aloe. However the scent is not too strong – kinda of medium strong, if that makes sense. I did notice that after 3 or 4 days my skin felt noticeably smoother and softer, even after showering! I would recommend this product and I will probably repurchase, just one of the other variations because of the scent. Visit Vaseline.
The product(s) in this post were provided to me for my review. Whether a product is purchased, provided or gifted, all content of this post and blog represents my honest opinion. I only endorse products, services or content that I have used myself and wouldn’t hesitate to purchase again or recommend to a friend. If you end up purchasing anything I’ve used here on the blog, I hope you’ll enjoy it as much as I do! To read the full disclosure click the button.