With the plethora of nail artists and nail polish related accounts on Instagram you might wonder, “Who is worth following?”. I have trouble with this myself, and I actually follow about 450 artists, indie polish makers, and commercial brands on Instagram at any given time. And the list seems to always be growing – crazy, I know! Now that I have been using Instagram for a while, I have certain accounts that I really LOVE and I am constantly liking and commenting on their photos. But even then, there are SO many great accounts to follow! In this series of posts I will share my absolute favorite accounts grouped by the type of account so you can find just what you are looking for and feel that special glow of falling in love with some new nail art. Posts in this series will focus on:
- My Top 30 Accounts – Those “WOW” accounts that you want to keep checking every day
- Alternative Nails – Nail art with a little something extra – maybe a little bit edgy, a little bit dark, but always different
- Commercial Polish Brands – Large nail polish makers you can find at your local stores
- Nail Art Hobbyist’s – Nail art enthusiasts who paint because they love nail polish
- Nail Art Technicians – Nail art professionals
- Nail Art Feature Accounts – Instagram accounts that feature other artists and give proper credit
Black Cat Nails on Instagram
If you don’t already, I hope that you follow me on Instagram! I have two accounts – one that supports the blog where I also post about my “nail life” and a second feature account for alternative nails.
My Top Indie Polish Brand Accounts
I don’t own many indie polishes YET, (for budget reasons) but that doesn’t mean I don’t covet many and plan on buying them all! So what are “indie” polishes? If you’re like me you didn’t start hearing about them until more recently. “Indie” means nail polishes that are handmade, and usually by small business entrepreneurs who are doing it all on their own or with a small group. Being an entrepreneur myself, I totally support this movement. This group of men and women make some of the most unique and awesome mixes I have ever seen, and some are so fashion forward that I can’t wait to delve into my pockets for them ALL!